Studio Policies - Updated 8-6-2013
- Parent or student must sign in at the front desk when they arrive. Instructors are paid according to your attendance.
- No additional time is added to lessons to make-up for late arrival. Best Practice: arrive five minutes early and be ready to work when your lesson begins. After a lesson is complete, students are expected to leave the waiting area promptly.
- All children not taking lessons MUST be accompanied by a parent in the waiting area. PARENTS: do NOT allow children to play in the showroom area. Children must be accompanied at all times in the showroom. Parents must accompany students to sign in area.
- Students: Please take care of personal needs-bathroom, hand washing, water - before your lesson.
- Always bring assigned music to your lesson. Lesson books are only available for purchase, not loan, so your choice would be to purchase a new book or use whatever music your instructor has on hand.
- Food and drink only allowed in designated studio waiting area.
- 10% Discount is offered for full semester payments for the fall and spring sessions only. Additional 3% discounts are given for families with more than one student, or students taking lessons for more than one instrument. No discounts are given during the summer semester. For returning students, multi family, multi-lesson, and semester discounts are only given during our Returning Student Registration week BEFORE the semester begins.
- Tuition must be paid on the first of each month. Starting in the Spring semester, Auto-pay and online will be our only accepted methods of payments. Auto-Pay automatically drafts from a bank account or credit card. Online payments are made through our website. All families are given access to our site with a username and password, allowing you to go into your account and manually pay for your lessons online, as well as check your lesson schedule. Payments with this method must be paid for by the 7th of each month. Late accounts, paid after that date, will be charged a $25 late fee.
- A one-time Registration fee is charged for new student enrollment. Lessons are $30 per half hour. Hour lesson blocks are available for advanced students.
- Tuition payments are non-transferrable and non-refundable. See Cancellation and Make-Up policies.
- Lesson dates and times are not held open for students taking a leave of absence.
- Students are expected to attend their scheduled lesson each week for the entire semester. Our semester closely follows the Henrico County School calendar. Our Music Education Center is closed for Spring Break according to Henrico County, and for the last weeks of December. Closing reminders are sent by e-mail so itís important to keep personal contact information current with our Music Administrator.
- All lessons must be paid for in advance. Refunds are not given for missed lessons. Missed lessons may be made up during our Make-Up Lesson Week held at the end of each semester. Two (2) make-up lessons are allowed per student per semester. Students also have the option of scheduling a make-up lesson during the regular semester for an additional $15 administrative fee. Otherwise, make-up lessons are scheduled first-come-first-serve during Make-up Week. Schedule early to get your choice of date and time. Students are responsible for contacting our Music Education Center Administrator to schedule their Make-up Lessons. Richmond Piano does not send reminders about make-up lessons. Lessons not made-up during the semester Make-Up Week are forfeited.
- We reserve the right to substitute instructors without notice.
- To discontinue lessons, written notice must be given to the Music Administrator one week prior to the end of the current lesson month. Remaining monthly payment is NOT refundable. Semester payments are refunded minus the 10% discount.
*Studio Helper is our web-based calendar and billing system. For your convenience all families are given access with a user name and password. This system lets you check holidays, make payments, and verify lesson dates and times. Use of this system helps us minimize administrative calls and costs. Studio Helper Login Instructions.