- Students should arrive five (5) minutes before their lessons. Lessons are scheduled every half-hour – NO additional time can be added to lessons to make up for late arrival.
- When lesson is finished students must leave the studio promptly and quietly.
- Students waiting for parents must remain in designated studio waiting area. All children not taking lessons MUST be accompanied by a parent in the studio waiting area. PARENTS: DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY UNATTENDED IN SHOWROOM.
- Wash hands before piano lessons. Keep nails trimmed. Minimize use of fragrances.
- Take care of personal needs (bathroom, water, hand washing) before your lesson.
- Always bring assigned music to lessons. If you forget your music, you will be asked to purchase additional copies to complete your lesson.
- Food and drink only allowed in designated studio waiting area.
- Richmond Piano offers a 10% discount for full Semester Payments. Semester Payments must be received before the first lesson to qualify for discount.
- Tuition must be paid monthly. Payments must be received before the first lesson of the month. Payments are made through Studio Helper* or by check. We charge a $25 returned check fee. Auto Pay (automatic draft first of the month) or manual monthly transactions are available. Accounts with outstanding tuition balances will automatically be charged a $25 late fee on the 7th day of the month.
- Lessons are $30 per half-hour. Discounts are available for multiple lessons or multi-student families. A one-time/new student enrollment fee of $25 is billed per family at enrollment.
- Tuition payments are non-transferrable and non-refundable. See Cancellation Policies below.
- Students are expected to attend their regularly scheduled lesson each week for the entire semester. Our semester closely follows the Henrico County School calendar. The Center is closed for Spring Break according to Henrico County and for the last two weeks of December. Richmond Piano Website and Studio Helper calendars list all holidays. Closing reminders are sent by email.
- Cancellations: No refunds are given for missed lessons. Lessons cancelled or rescheduled within 48-hours (2 days) of original lesson time will be subject to a $20 fee. Notice must be given by phone to the Music Administrator. Make up lessons are ONLY given for instructor cancellations or emergency cancellations (emergencies are: student illness with doctor’s note, death or critical illness in immediate family, store closing for inclement weather or power outage). Instructors reserve the right to refuse lessons to ill or possibly contagious students. Make Up lessons are given during designated make up weeks, or during the semester, schedule permitting.
- We reserve the right to substitute instructors without notice.
- To discontinue lessons, written notice must be given to the Music Administrator one (1) week prior to the end of the current lesson month. Remaining payment is NON-REFUNDABLE. Semester payments will be refunded minus the current month and 10% discount.
- Lesson times will not be held open for students taking a leave of absence.
*Studio Helper is our web-based calendar and billing system. For your convenience all families are given access with a user name and password. This system lets you check holidays, make payments, and verify lesson dates and times. Use of this system helps us minimize administrative calls and costs. Studio Helper Login Instructions.