Piano Repair, Restoration, Rebuilding and Reconditioning
Before accepting any restoration project we personally evaluate your piano. Please call either William Chubb or Doug Wurz at 804-358-1929 to schedule your on-site evaluation and to discuss the details of your restoration.
What is the difference between piano restoration, rebuilding and reconditioning?
- All original parts used.
- Recondition and soften felt.
- Action regulated to factory specifications.
- Replace any worn part with new parts.
- Soften, rebush, refelt and recondition all parts to operate as close to factory specifications as possible.
- Repair to soundboard if needed.
- Replace tuning pins and strings if needed.
- Regulate, tune and voice.
- Replace all moving parts with highest quality parts available.
- Refelt all friction points.
- Install new soundboard and pinblock.
- Restore cabinet to original condition.
- Return piano to original showroom condition and provide a new piano warranty.